首页资讯教育外语第12期:English Pod - Cleaning the House 打扫房间
22230

第12期:English Pod - Cleaning the House 打扫房间

诺哈网2023-08-09 12:16:390

「晨读音频」

Good morning! I’m Lara, welcome to my channel.

大家早上好,我是Lara,欢迎来到我们的晨读栏目。

And today we have a great intermediate lesson for you.

今天我们有一个很棒的中级课程。

That’s right, we’ve got some excellent real English for you all about cleaning the house.

没错,我们为你准备了一些关于打扫房间的地道英语。

Cleaning the house, that’s a real life situation, so, on today’s lesson we’re gonna look at language about cleaning the house.

打扫房子,这是一个现实生活情况,所以在今天的课上,我们要学习关于打扫房子的语言。

Let’s just listen to this dialogue and we’ll be back later to explain it.

好了,我们先听这段对话,后面会为大家进行讲解。

「对话文本」

A: Honey, the house is such a mess! I need you to help me tidy up a bit. My boss and her husband are coming over for dinner and the house needs to be spotless!

亲爱的,这房子里简直一团糟!我需要你帮忙整理一下。我的老板和她老公晚上过来吃晚餐,所以房间必须一尘不染。

B: I'm in the middle of something right now. I'll be there in a second.

我现在正忙着呢。我马上来。

A: This can't wait! I need your help now!

我等不及了!我现在需要你的帮助!

B: Alright, alright. I'm coming.

好的,好的,我来了。

A: Ok, here's a list of chores we need to get done. I'll do the dishes and get all the groceries for tonight. You can sweep and mop the floors. Oh, and the furniture needs to be dusted.

看,这是我们需要搞定的家务清单。噢,还有家具需要扫除灰尘。

B: You know what, I have to pick something up at the mall, so why don't you clean the floors and Ill go to the supermarket and get all the groceries.

你知道吗,我必须得去商场拿个东西,所以为什么你不打扫地板,我去超市买所有的用品。

A: Sure that's fine. Here is the list of all the things you need to get. Don't forget anything! And can you pick up a bottle of wine on your way home?

当然可以,这很好。这是所有你需要买的东西清单。别忘记什么!还有你可以在回家的路上买一瓶酒吗?

B: Hey, honey I'm back. Wow, the house looks really good!

嗨,亲爱的,我回来了。哇,房子看起来很干净呀!

A: Great! Can you set the table?

你能把桌子布置一下吗?

B: Just a sec I'm just gonna vacuum this rug real fast。

稍等一下,我想用真空吸尘器快速清扫下这个地毯。

A: Wait! Don't turn it on... 等一下!不要打开。。。

「重要发音技巧」

辅元连读:辅音 元音

一般情况下,前一个单词词尾为辅音,后一个单词开头为元音,这就要将辅音与元音拼起来连读。

1. list of 连起来读

文章中:

Here is the list of all the things you need to get.

这是所有你所需要买的东西清单。

2. middle of 连起来读

文章中:

I’m in the middle of something right now.

我现在正忙着呢。

3. pick up 连起来读

文章中:

Can you pick up a bottle of wine on your way home?

你可以在回家的路上买一瓶酒吗?

「核心单词掌握」

In today’s vocabulary preview we have several words. And the first word is chore.

今天的词汇预览有几个词汇,第一个词是“杂事,家务 - chore”。

1. chore n. [tʃɔː(r)] 杂事,家务

Chores is a really common word for things you have to do around the house.

家务是个很常见的单词,是你必须在家里做的事。

Like, for example, laundry.

比如说洗衣服。

例如:

I figured he should be doing a few chores.

我觉得他应该分担些家务了。

2. spotless adj. [ˈspɒtləs] 一尘不染

So, when you want something to be spotless…

所以,当你希望某样东西一尘不染的时候。

You want it to be really clean, not a spot of dirt on it.

你希望真的很干净,上面一点污垢都没有。

例如:

My desk is not spotless.

我的书桌不是一尘不染的。

3. mall n. [mɔːl] 商场

例如:

How much money did you spend at the shopping mall?

你在购物中心花了多少钱?

Now, in British English you would say shopping center.

好的,现在在英式英语中你会说购物中心。

4. grocery n. [ˈɡrəʊsəri] 食品杂货店

例如:

Go grocery shopping once a week.

一周去一次杂货店。

5. vacuum v. [ˈvækjʊəm] 用真空吸尘器清扫

例如:

I would like to vacuum the carpet.

我想用吸尘器清理地毯。

You know, this word vacuum, um, is really a very American word.

你知道,这个词,是真的在美国常用。

Yeah, vacuum cleaner. In the UK they say hoover.

在英国说hoover。

Hoover the rug.

用吸尘器清理小地毯。

「实用口语表达」

The first is "such a mess".

第一个是“真是一团糟”。

such a mess 真是一团糟

So, when something is a mess, for example the house is such a mess. Then it’s dirty.

所以某些东西一团糟的时候,比如家里一团糟,那也就意味着很脏。

Yeah, or things are everywhere.

或者到处都是东西。

例如:

He's such a mess.

他很邋遢。

2. tidy up 收拾一下

So, to tidy up means to…

所以,收拾一下的意思是…

Put things in their correct spot.

把东西放在正确的位置。

例如:

We should tidy up the place before we move in.

在我们搬进去之前应该先把那地方收拾一下。

So, let’s take a look at our third idea that we want to explain.

没错,让我们来看看我们要解释的第三个。

3. I’m in the middle of something right now. 我正在做事情。

Let’s say you’re watching TV like the woman in this dialogue and your husband wants you to help him do the chores and you say “No, I’m busy”.

假设你在看电视,就像对话中的女人一样,你的丈夫想要你帮他做家务,你说“不,我很忙” 。

Right, or “I’m doing something”.

对,或者“我在做某事”。

Those are two great expressions, but we heard something a little bit different in the dialogue.

这是两个很棒的表达,但是我们在对话中听到了一些不同的东西。

That is I’m in the middle of something right now.

我正忙着呢。

Yeah, that phrase is great. It means she’s busy, she’s doing something.

是啊,这个短语很棒,意思是她很忙,她正在做什么。

Yeah, I’m in the middle of something.

是的,我正在做事情。

4. I’ll be there in a second. 我马上到。

I’ll be there soon” or “I’m coming”.

也可以说“我马上就到”或者“我来了”。

Okay, so, our final item today, um, is a great phrase that helps you say the idea“Could you”or“Would you”.

我们今天最后一个是一个很好的短语,可以帮你说出“你能”或“你愿意”的意思。

5. Why don’t you do Sth.? 你能/你愿意做某事吗?

So, “Can you sweep the floor”, “Could you sweep the floor”.

所以,“你能扫地吗?”,“你能扫地吗”。

But in the dialogue we heard something that’s a little bit different.

但是在对话中我们听到了一些不同的东西。

例如:

Why don’t you clean the floors and I’ll go to the supermarket?

为什么你不打扫地板,我去超市?

It’s sort of a polite way of asking someone to clean the floors.

是的,这是一种礼貌的方式,要求别人打扫地板。

「今日所学回顾」

发音重点:辅元连读list ofmiddle ofpick up

2. 单词重点:

Chore n. 杂事,家务Spotless adj. 一尘不染Mall n.商场 Grocery n.食品杂货店 Vacuum v.用真空吸尘器清扫

3.表达重点:

such a mess 真是一团糟tidy up 收拾一下I’m in the middle of something right now. 我正在做事情。

I’ll be there in a second. 我马上到。

Why don’t you do sth.? 你能/你愿意做某事吗?

Alright, that’s all for today. Thanks for coming. Hope you enjoy today’s lesson. we’ll be happy to answer your questions, but until next time…Bye!

好啦,美好的学习时光总是短暂的,希望你喜欢今天的课程。我们很乐意回答你的问题,下期节目见!

ヾ( ̄▽ ̄)Bye~Bye~

懒人英语晨读

陪你学英语

0000
评论列表
共(0)条